Open House and resources for home

 Bonjour à tous:  I really enjoyed getting to know some of you during the Open House.  I simply can't apologize enough for the "glitches".  

ORANGE SHIRT WEEK

Next week, we are invited to wear "orange" all week! to honour reconciliation. I hope your children have more orange than I do.  We can always pin on something orange, though!  

I am including some YouTube links for parents who want to participate on occasion from home.  I will add to these as we build vocabulary!

VOLUNTEERING

I will be inviting parents to come for a walk with us to the Coulee during the week of October 4-8.  We have not set a specific date yet; we will be joining one of the other FI Gr. 1 and 2 classes.  I will get the date to you ASAP.  PLEASE make sure that you have volunteer clearance (the police check); we really want to have you in or, as it is this time, out for a walk with us!

Home Reading

I am hoping to begin home reading in October.  We will again be using "Je lis, je lis"- an online format that was used last year...I'll let you know as soon as we have the codes for membership.  These will also be uploaded to ...

Google Classroom

I have sent the link for Google Classroom out to the student emails and there are some activities there.  I will also put in the information for "Je lis, je lis" when I have it.  As well, as often as possible, I will post upcoming dates in the Google Classroom stream.  (FYI, apparently, last year, each time a teacher posted a blog, parents received an email.  This function is no longer active:(

YouTube links:

100

NUMBERBLOCKS IN FRENCH

Numbers to 20

Les fruits. (We have been speaking about our preferences for most of September.  This song teaches/reviews the fruit) We talked about which fruit we liked and during gym class, played a tag game called "La Salade de Fruits". 

L'abc des fruits This is such a cute song and it reinforces initial letters sounds!

I sing to other songs on a regular basis:  One is the days of the week to the tune of "The Adams Family" song and the other is the months of the year to the tune of "La Macarena".   

Bonne semaine!

Madame Pelletier




No comments:

Post a Comment

January 10-14. Dance, dance, dance, math and more!

                                                             Sound Kreations - getting funky                                               ...